Learning counting need not be boring. To make counting fun I keep trying different ways. Today, I am sharing one such Kids activity which can be used as fun playing, counting activity, and even addition and subtraction activity.
1 TO 6 years( change the complexity depending on the age group)
Helps to learn:
Counting, addition, subtraction. And can be feeding dog fine motor and eye-hand coordination activity for younger kids.
Small cardboard box(toothpaste box is enough), white paper/sheet, pen or sketch pen, scissor, and glue.
- Draw a puppy on a white sheet of paper. Make a cutout of the puppy drawing.
- Cut open the mouth section, so that feeding will be easy.
- Now, stick the puppy cutout on the cardboard box.
- Make a hole in the box where the mouth of the puppy comes.
- Draw a bone shape on a thick white sheet of paper and make cutouts of bone shapes.
- Next make bits of paper and write 1 to 10 (two sets).
- Stick the box along with puppy to the wall using tape or glue.
For counting activity for kids
- Stick the number on the puppy and tell your kid to feed the dog that many bones. You can stick using any of the sticking methods(either glue /tape).
For Addition/Subtraction Activity for kids
- Stick two numbers along with “+” or “-” sign
- Tell the kid to first feed 3 bones then feed 2 bones which get collected on the floor/bin you place below the puppy.
- Now ask the kid totally how many bones did the dog/puppy ate.
- Similarly, ask your kid to feed 3 bones first then tell them to take away 2 bones which got collected in the bin below.Ask them how many are remaining with the puppy.
For younger kids (activity for the age group of 1 year to 2 years kids)
- Ask the kid to feed the dog. As many as possible.
I hope you like the concept and the activity.
Lots of Love