For me, activity should be a combination of learning and fun. So I came up with the concept of Decorating an ice-cream kids activity.
Advantages of the activity:
- Kids have fun decorating an ice-cream.
- Learn shapes and color matching.
- Help in developing the logical ability of the kids.
Age 2.5 years to 5 years. Change complexity depending on the age group.
- thick white sheet.
- Color paper/ newspaper.
- Colour Pencil/ sketch pens
Procedure for Ice-cream decorating kids activity
- Cut the white sheet into a cone and an Ice-cream shape.
- Now take color paper and cut them into different shapes. If the kid is around two years just make one shape out of each color paper(simpler activity). If the kid is around 4 years make 2 or 3 different shapes using each color paper(increased complexity).
- Now use the cut out of shapes as stencils. Using the same color sketch pen/color pencil as that of color shapes draw shapes on the ice-cream cut out.
4. Ask your kid to match and stick the shapes along with color.
5. Colour the cone.
And a fun activity is ready.
Hope this activity helps
Lots of love